We hosted volunteer opportunities at 7 locations across the city – SEARCH's House of Tiny Treasures, Houston Food Bank, Boys & Girls Club - Spring Branch, YMCA Camp Cinco, Catholic Charities, BakerRipley, Habitat for Humanity Over 2000 Houstonians were registered to volunteer throughout Houston, our largest Texans Care Volunteer Day ever This initiative was born out of the desire to deepen our relationship with our fans and for us to get to know our fans on a personal level all while doing great things TOGETHER for Houston. This is just another way for our players, cheerleaders, Ambassadors, and staff to all show support for the city that has supported us.
Using Texans players and celebrities as ambassadors, our goal was to tell the story from every location we participated on during that day. The theme this year was to show our fans that this event takes place all over the city, and to let our players narrate the day's events.
In addition, we encourage all participants to use #TexansCare on their social channels as well, adding amplification to our efforts and make the day feel like it was taking over the whole city.
- #TexansCare trended in the city of Houston for over 5 hours.
- Our Instagram story videos from TCVD have been viewed 414,788 times.
- We did custom snapchat filters for each location. These filters were viewed a total of 548k times, which is a record for TCVD and the highest total we've had all year on that platform. A breakdown is below.
Video for #TexansCare Volunteer Day
- Guadalupe Center: 49,151 views
- Habitat for Humanity: 93,197 views
- Search's House: 102,715 views
Houston Food Bank: 110,949 views
- BakerRipley: 77,962 views
- YMCA of Greater Houston: 62,226
- Boys and Girls Club: 52,571 views
- Videos from TCVD were viewed 140k times on social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)